Jet McDonald is a writer and musician originally from the New Forest in Dorset.
This site is dedicated to his writing.
- “Boneshaker Magazine”, a happy go lucky publication for those who love cycling (Issues 2-17 and counting…)
- “The Idler”, a collection of radical essays
- “Automatic Safe Dog”, a satire about a man that works for a company that makes furniture out of dogs. Published March 2011 by Eibonvale Press
FICTION (SHORT STORIES IN ANTHOLOGIES)
- “Rustblind and Silverbright”, an anthology on rail travel and the mind published by Eibonvale Press in 2013
- “Astrologica”, a Zodiac inflected anthology published by Alchemy Press 2013
- “Where Are We Going”, an anthology of journeys into the imagination published by Eibonvale Press
- “The Blind Swimmer”, an anthology of stories on the theme of creativity and isolation by Eibonvale Press in 2010
- “Catastrophia”, an anthology of apocolyptic stories by PS Publishing alongside the legendary Sci-Fi author Brian Aldiss in 2010
- “Subtle Edens”, an Anthology of “Slipstream Fiction” published by Elastic Press in 2008
- Heads and Tales. In June 2010 one of Jet’s audio stories “Chocolate and Gargoyles” became available for download as a walking guide around Bristol through the Bristol based spoken word collective Heads and Tales. In 2009, for the same group, he wrote “Looking for Elsie” about the ghost of Cary Grant, performed outside the house where the actor grew up in Bristol.
- Missouri Review Audio Fiction Award. In Feb 2008 Jet won this prize for his spoken short story “Lost.”
- “Huffing and Puffing” a collection of audio stories released by Cleaner Records in 2008
You can hear some of Jet’s audio stories here…